[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 15:42:45 GMT 2021

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 18:42:53 +0100, Edith via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>> (Also, dual citizenship can often be used for some rather shady
>> enterprises, to avoid obligations to one country or the other.)
>Edith: Unfortunately true. The practice of allowing the wealthy to
>simply buy new citizenships is particularly problematic in this regard.

I'm conflicted on this: I understand that it's possible for it to be
misused, on the other hand if I had the funds I would absolutely get an
EU passport by any means available, because the UK is seemingly
speedrunning the Goebbels playbook.
--
Truth decays to beauty, and beauty becomes merely charm-
in the end, all that is left is strangeness.