[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 15:46:30 GMT 2021

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:07:53 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada via
Lois-Bujold" <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>Oh, for goodness sakes! Well, I guess that's a hint to those of us living abroad with kids to keep all those old passports, renunciation statements, etc.
>
>I was under the impression that some countries granted citizenship to grandchildren of citizens under certain cases. Are they already dual citizens, even if they don't "activate" it by getting a passport or other stuff?

Ireland is one such; if you have documentary proof of at least one Irish
grandparent, you can get an Irish passport.  Applications went up by
around 700% after Brexit.
--
Truth decays to beauty, and beauty becomes merely charm-
in the end, all that is left is strangeness.