[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Dec 7 10:03:03 GMT 2021

On Dec 6, 2021, at 8:52 PM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the 14th Amendment anyone born in the United States is
> automatically a US citizen. Even children of foreign officials who are
> stationed here.

Richard Molpus refutes this:

> No, Courts have held that children of foreign diplomats born inside the USA are not birthright citizens.

Doesn’t apply to me, as I was not born in the US, but of US citizens. I’m not sure if I was born on-base.

Constitutional law was way out of her league, and money for additional billable hours non-existent.

My sperm donor’s action was purely malicious, bargaining on my mother’s ignorance of US citizenship law. Legal research for non-legal-professionals was difficult in the early 1960s, and I don’t know whether my mother had research skills of my level or the persistence to keep looking until she found a clear specific answer. She certainly didn’t have the time, except on visitation weekends, when any chance of access to law libraries was even less. She ran a sewing business and was a single mom of the two of us.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala