[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:16:30 GMT 2021

"Subject to the jurisdiction of" in that amendment also meant that Indians
(being members of their own tribes, which were considered kinda-sorta
independent nations) were not citizens.  My father could remember when they
passed a law saying that Indians were citizens---he lived just down the
road from the Pipestone Indian boarding school, and when he was in high
school, his sports teams played against those guys pretty regularly.