[LMB] age differences

Sue Nicholson maireg83 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 21:42:41 GMT 2021

I have no problem with age differences in relationships; it is power
imbalances that are worrying, and large age differences can (not always)
involve fairly large power imbalances.

Delia and Olivia were way more knowledgeable about life and had a much
better power base supporting them than Fawn did, so never seemed
vulnerable.  Fawn had no power base, poor knowledge and was consequently
vulnerable. Dag never abused that power imbalance but worked quite hard at
evening it out: compare with Sunny, (similar age) who did exploit the power
difference.   For me, it's not about age.

SueN