[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Wed Dec 8 02:55:20 GMT 2021

> On Dec 7, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
>
> I question that second part: " Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. " Foreign officials, i.e. those in the employ of a foreign government, are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

Fifth generation DC resident, although I don’t live there any more. Growing up I had friends who were children of diplomats. They did not have to obey US law, but of course they did because they were well brought up, didn’t pledge allegiance to the flag in school although they stood respectfully when we did, and didn’t pay sales tax when they bought something. They were issued a card (signed by Henry Kissinger!) to show when needed.

Janet now in TN