[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Dec 8 06:27:13 GMT 2021

On Dec 7, 2021, at 4:27 PM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> There has been some discussion recently on the “subject to the jurisdiction” clause in regards to “anchor babies” when legal or illegal immigrants who specifically come to the US while pregnant to deliver here and secure US citizenship for the child.

Then there’s the opposite:

Bhumibol, born 5 December 1927 – 13 October 2016), the ninth monarch of Thailand from the Chakri dynasty, titled Rama IX, was born at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

The Queen was unable to get to Thailand for the birth of the future king, and I’m told that the child must be born in Thailand. The ward was temporarily designated Thai soil at least as long as the mother & child were at the hospital.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala