[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Dec 9 17:20:13 GMT 2021

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021, Marc Wilson wrote:
> I'm conflicted on this: I understand that it's possible for it to be
> misused, on the other hand if I had the funds I would absolutely get an
> EU passport by any means available, because the UK is seemingly
> speedrunning the Goebbels playbook.

I can't completely blame you.

I told my husband yesterday about the current Downing Street Christmas
party scandal, and we agreed that it sounded as though it could have been
an episode in _The Thick of It_ -- with any rewriting at all. And that
show was supposed to be a satire...

Alayne
(who could apply for UK citizenship, I guess, since my father and
grandparents were born & raised in Scotland. Not a priority at this point
-- maybe after Scotland separates and rejoins the EU?)

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

and subvert them. -- Barbara Ehrenreich