[LMB] OT: why I couldn’t join the party, was: Tech marches on

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Mon Dec 13 01:20:20 GMT 2021

 I'm so sorry your mother, and therefore you, are having such a tough time. My own mother went through something similar.
Karen A. Wyle
    On Sunday, December 12, 2021, 08:06:50 PM EST, A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

 On Dec 12, 2021, at 4:41 PM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:

> In relationship to something said at the tea party: _Analog Science Fiction & Fact_ and _Asimov's Science Fiction_ are both published bimonthly by Dell Magazines, Norwalk, CT. _The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction_ is published bimonthly by Spilogale, Inc. in Newark NJ.
>
> Sorry I did not participate in the tea party, though I did watch and listen to it, but I could not get my camera to work.

We had a lovely bit of medical emergency for my belle-mère so me being on the phone would have been brief.

She’s back home with medication. Dementia and cognitive decay makes it difficult to say “I think I have a bladder infection”.

She was getting too weak to get out off a seat by herself, wouldn’t follow instructions we gave her to help—none of us can dead-lift 125lbs/57kg, nor is there space for two to assist. She fell twice Thursday trying to get out of bed, injuring her right hand & wrist, knees most like as well—contributing to inability to rise.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala