[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Mon Dec 13 03:13:12 GMT 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "Raymond Collins" <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Bcc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 12/12/2021 9:59:14 PM
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: Tech marches on

>I still have a Texas Instrument 770 Intelligent Terminal that once belonged
>to the J.C. Penny store in Santa Cruz. They donated the thing to Cabrillo
>College who didn't know what to do with it, so I took it off their hands. I
>also have the dedicated modem. 300 or 600 baud rate. Very 1970's design.

I got my first Imsai 8080 (except that I got a Z80 processor) and a
Hazeltine 1500 dumb terminal in April 1975. Worked with cassette tapes
and a ROM monitor for a number of years. Expanded with a DEC-Writer II
printing terminal in September. A couple of years later, I moved to
CPM-80 and a floppy disk drive.

Harvey