[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:59:21 GMT 2021

From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 3:58 AM WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 11, 2021, at 11:16 PM, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net>
> wrote:
> The grounds for divorce are very similar to 21 Century America.
>
> No matter how bad your spouse makes coffee, coffee grounds will
> not get you a divorce. Unless they put poison in it.

*rimshot*

Gwynne: I've seen this in a few places, I so hope that it's true: Turkish coffee has been a mainstay of Istanbul ever since to the point where, up until the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, being unable to provide coffee for the household was considered sufficient grounds for a woman to divorce her husband.