[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon Dec 13 14:02:18 GMT 2021

> On Dec 13, 2021, at 8:45 AM, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>

> There are companies that specialize in reading data from obsolete formats.
>
> They collect all kinds of old drives and operating systems in order to be able to read stuff nobody else can read.
>
> Of course, if you are desperate enough to come to them for the data, they know you REALLY want it, so they charge all that the market will bear.

Still we should back up the technical details on baked clay tablets.

BTW: We can read clay tablets inside their clay envelops and print them out
enlarged for easier reading. On need this days to destroy the envelope which is
also informative. Perhaps we should return them to the sites they came from.

—
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
 - Attributed to Plato