[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Mon Dec 13 14:57:32 GMT 2021

 What's really fun: dropping a stack of punchcards and trying to get them back in order.
Karen A. Wyle (once the only female in a programming class)
    On Sunday, December 12, 2021, 11:09:15 PM EST, Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:

 I learned how to use punch cards in Air Force procurement in the late 70's;
getting a Burroughs 3500 to talk to a Univac *something* was fun, since both
the hospital and Base Supply had different computers than we did. We were
told we would be on a real microcomputer someday. Our family visited there
in 1989 and they were still using punchcards...

Ah, the wonderfulness of transaction logs!

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kawyle at att.net