[LMB] OT: why I couldn’t join the party, was: Tech marches on

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Mon Dec 13 15:05:51 GMT 2021

 I had an odd and, in a bittersweet way, comforting experience when my mother was in the hospital, shortly before she died. She had (and essentially died of) dementia, but for most of one day, she was delusional and thought she was on an airplane trip with my late father, on the way to a wedding. (She wasn't sure whether she'd brought the right shoes.) During those hours, she was far more "herself" than she'd been in months. I got to spend those hours with my mother, in quite a different way than I'd been doing for the last months she lived with us.
Karen A. Wyle