[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Mon Dec 13 17:53:01 GMT 2021

Actually, the Imsai was the second microcomputer; the first was the
Altair 8800. My dates were a year off; they should have been 1976. All
both the Altair and the Imsai were was a box, a panel, a power supply
and a mother board. Everything else was on plug-in cards, but it was a
22 slot mother board and a zaftig power supply. I moved to an IBM clone
and PC-DOS in 1987.

I sold both Imsais and my 8" floppy drives 20 years ago and all my other
computer stuff went with the house when I sold it in 2014. Right now I
have a custom built ThinkMate/SuperMicro box with dual Zeon processors,
64 GB of RAM, and 50 TB or so of disk.

Harvey