[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:26:57 GMT 2021

When we first moved to St. Louis in 1968 my parents had a black and white
tube TV. For me I got a 1950s b/w TV with a tiny screen in a big wooden box
that needed a bit of fixing. We yanked the tubes out of the back drove to
the drugstore to a tube tester replaced the bad tubes and about a year I
watched from that TV until my parents upgraded to a color TV and we moved
the b/w TV with the bigger screen to my room. But it was so easy to repair
TVs back then. Unless the CRT tube was busted.