[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Tue Dec 14 08:17:59 GMT 2021

On 13/12/2021 17:25, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
> The biggest problem on Apollo 13 was that the onboard computer used vacuum tubes.
Nah, the biggest problem was still that their oxygen tank exploded. One
of the problems was the fact that the computers used tubes meant that
without enough oxygen storage, they had to shut down computers in order
to save power. But they didn't just shut down the computers, they shut
down everything they could. And they had lots of other problems that
could have killed them. The fact that they made it back makes the whole
team (in the capsule and on the ground) great in my book.