[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 01:10:53 GMT 2021

From: Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com>

Parallel parking is still a required item on the driving test in Texas.
That was what made me fail on, I think, the second of my three tries at the
test back in 1982. In my defense, I was driving a 1977 Ford station wagon
roughly the size of a World War II aircraft carrier.
Andrew had a considerably smaller car, AND a back-up camera.
Louann

Gwynne: Ok, it's time for me to come out. Full confession.
No, it's not parallel parking (reverse parking).  I can do that.
But....
...this isn't easy to say....
....but it's time to be honest....
.... t
.... I can't....
....I can't... drive a manual car. I can only drive automatic.

Ohhhh the relief of saying it out loud at last! Yes, it's true.
I know, I know.... I should have made the effort to learn,
but... I've just always had automatics.