[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 01:20:43 GMT 2021

I can't drive "stick" (as we say around here) either. I suspect that most
USians, at least of my generation and younger, can't. Almost all the cars
sold anywhere are automatic. My husband has to drive every time we go to
the UK.

JLWT
***********

*"der Platz einer Frau ist in ihrer Firma""The problem with the speed of
light is it comes so early in the morning." (Albert Einstein)*
*"Historiography has then three functions: to entertain our imagination, to
gratify our curiosity, and to discharge a debt we owe our ancestors." (C.S.
Lewis)"If all we have to offer back to the God of the cosmos is Precious
Moments, we're in trouble." (Barbara Nicolosi)*
*"Some things are complicated, and denying it only makes them more so."
(John Churchill)*

*“You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong.
Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing
that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway.” (Robert Jordan)"The
one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart." (Lois
McMaster Bujold)************