[LMB] Stupid drug names.

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Dec 16 21:36:36 GMT 2021

On Dec 16, 2021, at 7:24 AM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
> [...]

When I see a new non-Stanford HealthCare physician, I have to produce such a list.

I keep my list—drug, dosage, what it’s treating, and frequency—updated in my Notes app. No pronunciation needed, but I generally pronounce drug names better than the non-physician/pharmacist discussing them with me. Montelukast—need to hear the emphasis again.

Right now, our printer isn’t cooperating, so either I write it out or I show the list on the phone to Intake, if I haven’t been able to use a patient portal to send it.

The endodontist across the lot from my dentist said he wished all his patients would do this.

I still have to review meds at each visit, but I can tell the querent (no Tarot cards needed) what has changed, or state there’s been no change.

Less repetition. I hateloathe&despise doing admin things over&over.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala