[LMB] Winter Ride

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Fri Dec 17 16:54:41 GMT 2021

 Lovely and inspiring!
Karen A. Wyle
    On Friday, December 17, 2021, 11:52:46 AM EST, adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com <adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com> wrote:

 Here's a fun poem.  Cordelia would admire the imagery, but hope to not be out in it.  Miles would rather be doing it than reading about it.

            A Winter Ride

          Who shall declare the joy of the running!
           Who shall tell of the pleasures of flight!
          Springing and spurning the tufts of wild heather,
           Sweeping, wide-winged, through the blue dome of light.
          Everything mortal has moments immortal,
           Swift and God-gifted, immeasurably bright.

          So with the stretch of the white road before me,
           Shining snowcrystals rainbowed by the sun,
          Fields that are white, stained with long, cool, blue shadows,
           Strong with the strength of my horse as we run.
          Joy in the touch of the wind and the sunlight!
           Joy!  With the vigorous earth I am one.
                    --Amy Lowell - 1874-1925

Jerrie

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kawyle at att.net