[LMB] OT Weather.

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 17:51:36 GMT 2021

From: Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>

We had our storm sirens go off White my phone and weather alert radio kept
going off. But we lucked out, a few trees were down and no serious
injuries.

Gwynne: Ohhh that's too close for comfort - I'm glad you were ok.

I'm getting ready for Summer, and the bushfire season - I had my roof
cleared off, getting rid of all that leaf litter (damn gum trees.)  AND
it turned out that the capping on the ridges needed to be recemented
(the roof guy took pictures, and he was right.) So I had that done too.

Weird side note - there's a few water dragons around my pond, medium-
sized ones. But there's apparently a large one that lives on my roof (the
roof guy took pix, the lizard was there on two days. And it was able to
jump to the fence, so it wasn't stuck on the roof. Why would it live on
my roof? There's no cover up there, from predators. And no food.
Lizards are weird.

As I say, we're getting ready for Summer, but we're in the middle of
what the media keep calling a 'rain bomb', days and days of rain. Which
I like, although rain and then hot and then rain again - you can hear the
weeds growing. And thunderstorms are a bit of a nuisance around here.
The river goes up and down, but doesn't quite do a decent flood. I just
wish the weather would either be winter or summer, not both in the
same day.