[LMB] OT Weather.

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 01:33:48 GMT 2021

> On Dec 16, 2021, at 10:23 PM, alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:
>
> Much the same thing up here in Ottawa, Canada: very high winds and extremely unseasonably warm weather - just a day later. No particular dust, though.
>
> My roof lost a few shingles, which was not good.
>
> Alayne
>
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2021, Eric Oppen wrote:
>> Here, it was really warm yesterday (up around 70 degrees F, which is
>> unheard of in December) and then we had wind.  Lots and LOTS of wind.  My
>> power was out for most of the evening, but other than that, I didn't take
>> any damage.  People are saying it was about as bad as the derecho we had
>> last year, but lasted for longer.  TBH, I slept through the derecho, and it
>> mostly missed my part of the world, hitting farther south.

The tornados Friday managed to miss Nashville, but we had enough wind to blow over many trees. Nothing down on us, but our neighbor lost some big branches, fortunately none hit their house.

Some roads were blocked by downed trees, and power lines down in some neighborhoods. We have storms blowing down trees so often I’m amazed that any vulnerable trees are left.

My daughter has a friend who is from Mayfield, KY. His mother worked in the candle factory, but was visiting a friend when the storm hit. She has lost her job and her home.

Janet in TN