[LMB] OT: Fat Kids?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Dec 18 07:50:12 GMT 2021

On Dec 17, 2021, at 6:57 PM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> It’s just that the times that I have gotten near where I think I should be, I have people, people who should know better, including doctors, trot out the BMI and tell me that I should lose 20 more.
> I just started the Noom and I’m trying to do it right. I’m not trying to lose 55 pounds. I also don’t want my granddaughters to be pushed to loose weight that they shouldn’t.

My 6’ husband, currently 193, is being pushed to lose 15 more pounds.

Two other women with knowledge of weight issues, along with me, look at the hanging flesh, the scrawniness, and believe he shouldn’t lose any more.

Senior folk need to have good muscle tone for bone health: he doesn’t and given the as yet unspecified disorder which continually weakens him, he never will have. Turns out that carrying a little extra (10-20?) is “weight-bearing exercise”, not a bad thing for seniors.

While 175, then 150, is my next goal, and 97 lbs was my college weight, below 125 I will not consider. When I eventually get to 150, I’ll discuss with my GP whether further loss is reasonable. I’m 5’ .5”.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala