[LMB] OT: What have you liked better on rereading

Mark Allums mark at allums.email
Sun Dec 19 05:51:24 GMT 2021

On 12/18/2021 1:51 PM, Damien Sullivan wrote:
> Hodgell's _God Stalk_. My freshman roommate pushed it on me, and it was
> okay.  But for some reason I then re-read it again not long afterwards,
> and it was way more engaging.
>
> In college I read McKinley's _The Blue Sword_, which I did not remember
> reading, and had a feeling of deja vu.  Then I had a feeling of deja vu
> about the deja vu.  I realized I had read it, and forgotten about it,
> *twice*, so I call it the most forgettable book I've ever read.  But I
> actually do remember it now!
>
> -xx- Damien X-)

Ha!  I just read God Stalker!  While it was worth my time, I don't
characterize it as something I would "push" on anyone.  Nor will I
probably ever reread it.  I remember reading Blue Sword, but can't for
the life of me remember what it was about.

I don't reread much, anymore.  Life's too short.  I reread a lot of
Pratchett; Night Watch gets better every time.

Mark A.