[LMB] OT: Fat Kids?

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun Dec 19 11:12:45 GMT 2021

> On Dec 18, 2021, at 9:12 PM, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My target weight is the absolute top of my BMI "recommended weight".
> If I was at the middle of that range, I'd be skinny.
> At the lowest "recommended weight" for my height, I'd look anorexic.
>
> So I probably hit "obese" when I look moderately overweight.
> Ohes noes, I'm part of the epidemic!!!!!!!
>
> Sylvia

Yes, just looking at a person is better than BMI.

There is a syndrome called TOFI—Thin Outside Fat Inside usually characterized by
thin arms and legs and fat on the torso.

Anyway with fat reduction efforts monitoring you BMI is much less useful than how your
clothes fit.

—
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
 - Attributed to Plato