[LMB] OT: Fat Kids?

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 13:46:10 GMT 2021

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 06:16:36 -0500, WalterStuartBushell
<proto at panix.com> wrote:

>> On Dec 18, 2021, at 10:12 PM, Jelbelser <jelbelser at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> It is my understanding that target weights for seniors are higher that for whipper-snappers. A quick google indicated that advisable BMIs for seniors is between 25 and 30.
>
>So we can survive wasting diseases, I suppose.

Perhaps.

BMI is a bit of a "one-club golf" approach to health anyway; it takes no
account of body type, fitness, lifestyle etc.

As a reductio-ad-absurdam example, multiple decathlon gold medallist
Daley Thompson is "morbidly obese" according to the standard
height/weight charts.  I've seen more fat on a butcher's pencil.
--
$100,000 for a BA, $60,000 for an MFA and now I design dick
jokes for a living.  - Amy from Cards Against Humanity