[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Sun Dec 19 18:11:02 GMT 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "Howard Brazee" <howard at brazee.net>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Bcc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 12/19/2021 10:01:03 AM
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: Parallel parking

>That seems odd to me.   The driving test should be to make sure the licensed driver is safe on the road.   I don’t see it as being dangerous for someone used to driving an automatic car to drive a car with a manual transmission.
Stalling out in the middle of heavy traffic is anything but safe!! I
know!! I learned to drive and took my test on an automatic transmission
car and then I bought my first car, a 1952 Plymouth, with a manual
transmission. My first adventure was driving back to school from
Brooklyn to Troy, New York. I stalled multiple times on the old West
Side Highway, and it ain't fun!!!

Harvey