[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:25:57 GMT 2021

My husband only drives stick every two years when we go to Britain and on
the rare occasions when he drives his parents' pickup here, so he always
has to re-acclimate in the airport parking lot.

Here, no one checks whether you know how to drive stick when you get a
drivers' license if you take it in an automatic car. I have a license and
have only ever driven automatic, but if my husband taught me how to drive
stick at this late date, I could then go out on the road and do it without
any additional government licensing.

JLWT
***********

*"der Platz einer Frau ist in ihrer Firma""The problem with the speed of
light is it comes so early in the morning." (Albert Einstein)*
*"Historiography has then three functions: to entertain our imagination, to
gratify our curiosity, and to discharge a debt we owe our ancestors." (C.S.
Lewis)"If all we have to offer back to the God of the cosmos is Precious
Moments, we're in trouble." (Barbara Nicolosi)*
*"Some things are complicated, and denying it only makes them more so."
(John Churchill)*

*“You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong.
Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing
that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway.” (Robert Jordan)"The
one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart." (Lois
McMaster Bujold)************