[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 05:53:02 GMT 2021

From: Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>

I don't do it very often but I'm fairly proficient at parallel parking. In
Nebraska parallel parking is no longer part of the drivers license test. I
wonder if anybody on the list has a car with the auto parallel parking
feature and is it convenient.

Gwynne: I don't parallel park unless I have to. I find that I do it best if
it's an emergency, I'm in a hurry, and I just DO it without agonising over
it all. I've done some lovely ones - in perfectly, first time, no fiddling around
to get it into place. PERFECT. And I get out of the car, and.... NOBODY
is watching. When I do it well I want an appreciative audience!  (Not so
much if I'm fiddling around and making a mess of it, of course.)