[LMB] OT: Parallel parking

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Tue Dec 21 09:04:06 GMT 2021

On 21/12/2021 02:53, Raymond Collins wrote:
> I don't do it very often but I'm fairly proficient at parallel parking. In
> Nebraska parallel parking is no longer part of the drivers license test. I
> wonder if anybody on the list has a car with the auto parallel parking
> feature and is it convenient.

Yes, and yes. It needs to drive past a space before it will let you park
in it, and sometimes it refuses a space that looks viable to me. But a
number of times it managed to park me nicely into a space that I was
pretty dubious about. It is kinda semi-auto: it turns the wheel by
itself, but I have to shift forward/reverse (with it's prompting) and
press the accelerator/brake as appropriate.