[LMB] Voting

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 07:25:41 GMT 2021

On Friday, December 24, 2021, 12:29:41 PM GMT+9, Alex Kwan <litalex at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

> On Dec 23, 2021, at 03:34, M. Haller Yamada via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I think the Chengdu convention could be a great experience for many people, even with the restrictions. I mean, they are fans. Ideally, at a World Con, you are going to be a fan first. I'd love to know more about what the people in Chengdu are doing with the genre(s).

>From the news articles I’ve come across while reading Chinese news about it, Chengdu was called the “city of science fiction”; the main science fiction magazine is based there, and they’ve been holding an international science fiction conventions there every two years.

little Alex

--
Micki: Just skimmed through the Wikipedia article on Cheng-du. Really interesting city, it sounds like. Silk Road history, but modern with technology, economic and social experiments. Very cool! I hope you'll keep us updated on some of the things the Chinese news is saying about the convention.