[LMB] Chlorophyll

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at zoho.com
Sat Dec 25 19:20:48 GMT 2021

---- On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 09:24:54 -0800 Markus Baur via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote ----

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundance_of_elements_in_Earth%27s_crust

basically everything in the upper left quadrant of this diagram would be
viable from an abundance point of view

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Elemental_abundances.svg/1280px-Elemental_abundances.svg.png

i think the colour of the ersatz-chlorophyll would not only depend on
the metal itself, but also what exactly the surrounding molecule is
doing .. but i do not know enough about organic chemistry to make
predictions

Beatrice Otter:

But the thing is, what is abundant on one planet may or may not be abundant elsewhere. We already know that Earth has a lot of phosphorous compared to other planets, for example. Earth may not be a good example, and even if it is, any other planet we settle might be odd.

Beatrice Otter