[LMB] Chlorophyll

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sat Dec 25 20:07:40 GMT 2021

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 08:59:33PM +0100, Bujold list wrote:

> generation of all elements with the exception of primordial hydrogen and
> helium is pretty much the same all over the universe

Abundances in your local planetary nebula would depend on the stellar
generation of the dead stars contributing to it.

> all that together in turn would not make me expect a large difference in the
> element abundance form one terrestrial type planet to another

Planetary science is fantastically complex and surprising, with lots of
differentiation processes, first in forming the planet from the gas
cloud, and then in how the planet evolves.

-xx- Damien X-)