[LMB] OT: BBC Ghosts, was: Merry Christmas! To all and everyone!

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 06:17:43 GMT 2021

Micki shares a link to her fun Christmas poem:

https://eightladieswriting.com/2021/12/25/michaeline-a-christmas-dream/

Thanks, Micki!  Merry Christmas!

Jerrie

Thank you so much, Jerrie, both for the compliment and for adding the link! I've been having a lot of trouble adding links this December. One of my many research projects for 2022: learn the new way for adding links to my email.

Today is Boxing Day! As an American, I think it sounds so funny and exotic, and I tend to imagine Muhammed Ali, and then giving gifts to the people who help us all year long.

Speaking of Anglophilia, I got the third season of BBC's Ghosts on Christmas Eve! It was a present from me. Took about three weeks to get to Japan, but that's OK. I have it now. The first season is on Amazon Prime (the only streaming service in the family). I don't have much time to watch TV, but I've really enjoyed some of the offerings of Prime. It can be hard to find stuff there, though.

Generally what happens for me is that I hear about a new program from Twitter, and then look it up on the internet to see where I can get it. If it's Amazon Prime, cool. If it isn't, then I have to wait until it comes out on DVD or do without.

I'm not a big fan of streaming for a lot of reasons. It SEEMS like a good idea in theory and offers a lot of variety, but I've heard the streaming services stop streaming certain things, and then there's the problem of paying for a few months of a service only to watch one show, then have to go through the hassle of getting things cancelled. In Japanese. Bleh.

But anyway, back to Ghosts -- it's a very clever show with ghosts from various eras sharing a country manor that is inherited by a young couple. Great history, great personalities, great conflicts. It rings a lot of my bells. I would love to see the other shows by the same team (Yonderland, Horrible Histories) but . . . not on Amazon last I looked, and the DVDs are sold out.

Has anyone else seen it?

Micki