[LMB] OT: Random?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Dec 27 17:06:31 GMT 2021

On Mon, 27 Dec 2021, WalterStuartBushell wrote:
> This was in the plot of _Hawaii_ by Mitchner (1986). How I remember the author’s name
> after all those years, I don’t know.

James Michener, who was an extremely prolific writer of very thick,
well-researched, bestselling novels for many years. According to
Wikipedia, the novel was published in 1959, the year that Hawaii became
the 50th U.S. state (OK, I had NO idea that Hawaii wasn't a state til
then!)

Thor Heyerdahl also wrote about Polynesian travel in his books Kon-Tiki
and Aku-Aku, and even mounted his own real-life expeditions to prove the
trips were possible.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor