[LMB] Voting

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 20:20:51 GMT 2021

There is a difference between having a vote with two or more options
considered good, a vote with two or more options where some are good and
some are awful, and a vote with all the options being awful.

Just as inherited kingship wasn't established because it produced good
decision-making, but because it avoided the costs of warlords fighting over
kingship, voting hasn't become the standard because it produces good
results.

Figuring out what terribly costly things voting avoids is a good skeptical
exercise.

Matt "here's a hint:  it's not better than any other system ever tried" G.

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 11:13 PM Pouncer via Lois-Bujold <