[LMB] OT: Worries

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:06:39 GMT 2021

 WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> As I said before this was in my local newspaper, and local broadcast
> TV. I don't consider either "right wing". Yes, I do look at sites that
> many would consider "right wing" but that is not all I look at.
>
> Are you saying that, if you can find conflicting information on anything
> I post then my post must come from a "right wing? Source and therefore
> be wrong? Or are you just saying that there is no problem with fentanyl
> overdoses?

I am saying that if you were thinking critically, it would be obvious
that the assertion about "enough fentanyl to kill 1/3 of the world's
population is interdicted at the U.S. borders" is highly improbable.
And that you aren't even looking for information that might contradict
the assertion; you aren't saying "that sounds unlikely; I should
double-check it" and looking in a reliable place for confirmation.
When *I* double-checked it, the contradiction jumped out.

I also suspect that you are mistaking "WKRP is reporting that Senator
McBlowhard is saying [X]" for "WKRP is reporting [X]".  That is, after
all, what seems to have happened in your last "worrying" post here.

If you were thinking more critically about what you hear, you
would probably have fewer worries.

Joel