[LMB] OT: personal news

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Dec 29 05:33:08 GMT 2021

On Dec 28, 2021, at 8:05 PM, Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com> wrote:

> My wife and I passed 47 years back in September! 👫
>
>> On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 3:38 PM A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold <
>> lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 28, 2021, at 10:59 AM, Louann Miller <domelouann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The husband and I are celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary today. I
>>> think we're starting to get the hang of it. I  hope everyone else also
>> has
>>> a great day.
>>
>> Congratulations! Our 33rd was on the 22nd. Your choice of date was wiser
>> than ours.

Huzzah, Mr & Mrs Fred!
(Bottom posting again)

I was 34, my husband 28, when we married in 1988. My 3-semesters college roommate was 25, her husband, my friend from high school 23, when they married in 1979 on the same 22 December we chose.

I’m guessing you were younger when you married. It took me longer to find the right combination to work with my sigmas than for most women of my acquaintance. It hasn’t been a walk in London’s Hyde Park on a late spring in the early afternoon, as we each have failings, but when we might have divorced, we couldn’t afford it, and it was a three-generation household, thus a bit more complex.

Did any of you long-married folk marry before university?

I was afraid that, if I married before I had my BA at 22, that I’d never get it. Given the two idiots who pressured me to ignore that, I feel justified. I didn’t meet (interested) high-quality candidates until years later.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala