[LMB] OT: Tech marches on

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Dec 29 11:04:19 GMT 2021

> On Dec 13, 2021, at 1:23 AM, A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Dec 12, 2021, at 8:18 PM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also had a chance to tour a nuclear submarine and was surprised to see
>> tubes glowing behind some of the consoles.
>
> Tubes? My jaw hit the floor, and the mind, she is boggling.
>
> A. Marina Fournier

IIUC tubes are still used for high power applications. It’s hard to dissipate thousands of
watts in silicon.

—
In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate.
Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over."
--tweet by British columnist, Dan Hodges, June 15, 2015”