[LMB] Voting

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 02:15:47 GMT 2021

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 1:15 PM Pouncer via Lois-Bujold <

> (snip)
> A real world and I think more or less international issue
> going on right now is "blind auditions" for symphony
> orchestras. Imagine managing directors for the orchestra;
> on adopting a hiring policy. [1]

I read a few articles about the orchestras.
Apparently, not only is there a 'blind', but the musicians have to walk
across the stage barefoot. Men's and women's shoes make a distinctive
sound, negating the 'blind'.

For years, it was a known fact that men played better than women. It turns
out that when judging 'blind', the women made a miraculous improvement.
 How astonishing.

Sylvia