[LMB] Voting

Carol Botteron cjbotteron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 17:18:37 GMT 2021

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 1:15 PM Pouncer via Lois-Bujold <

> (snip)
> A real world and I think more or less international issue
> going on right now is "blind auditions" for symphony
> orchestras. Imagine managing directors for the orchestra;
> on adopting a hiring policy.

Neville Mariner, in an interview, said that when musicians perform well in
blind auditions, he prefers to hire them for a tour, as a limited try-out
period.  Those who get along with other musicians et al., as well as
playing well, get offered positions with the regular orchestra.