[LMB] OT: Roman religion

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 03:21:28 BST 2021

Neither was early Christianity.  The early Christians fought among
themselves like the Kilkenny cats, and killed more "heretics" in the fifty
years after Constantine's conversion than the Romans had killed Christians
(for being Christian) in the three hundred or so years preceding.

I've wondered what would have happened if the Romans had said "You want to
be a Christian?  Fine!  BE a Christian!  But turn in your toga.  Once
you're a Christian you're no longer a Roman citizen!"