[LMB] OT: IQ Tests

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 23:23:23 BST 2021

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 22:16:41 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
wrote:

> Fri, 2 Jul 2021 22:16:41 +0000
> From: WILLIAM A WENRICH<wawenri at msn.com>
> To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
> 	<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: IQ Tests

> All forms of Marxism can be considered religions. As the old saying goes, ?There is no God and Lenin is his prophet!?
> Needless to say, I disagree.

And, needless to say, I do agree ... but only in the original sense of
/religio/ , which is to say my internal (mental) link to the world as I
see it.

Marx, Lenin and Trotsky would disdain the title of prophet, despite the
title of Deutscher's three-volume biography of the last. (The Prophet
Armed, The Prophet Disarmed, The Prophet Outcast. Recommended for the
biographical content, but Deutscher was a bit of a pessimist.)