[LMB] OT: Backups using My Book Live

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 02:37:11 BST 2021

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 22:00:53 +0100, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>On 02/07/2021 20:16, kbarry at bitsofhistory.com wrote:
>> Thank you! I vaguely remember reading that at some time in the past.
>
>I also remember reading that rebuttal. And at the time I had read it it
>was much more convincing than today.
>
>These days we have far more examples of countries reducing their
>population growth a generation after achieving prosperity (as children
>become a cost instead of an essential farm implement).

At the time Pohl wrote that, the Club of Rome's dire prophecies were
still very much in vogue.
--
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be|preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it|  - Terry Pratchett