[LMB] people's use of language is funny (for some values of funny)

Sharon Micenko wembleyware at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:53:51 BST 2021

Seriously nitpicking now. “One in five children are living in poverty” presses all the wrong buttons for me, IS, you fool. IS! There’s worse, the IGNORANT commentators who should have stuck to their illustrious football careers because they never paid any attention to their English lessons. "Geelong is versing Adelaide this weekend” Every time without fail I scream at the television. It’s versus, you fool! "It’s Geelong versus Adelaide."

Newsreaders are seriously bad, too, although probably  don’t write what they have to read out.

Sharon