[LMB] people's use of language is funny (for some values of funny)

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 16:15:22 BST 2021

(ok, they still bug me such as using “orientated” instead of “oriented”)

I recently read a large-ish SF book in which orientated was used in every
place where oriented would be more proper. also several other words that
aren't exactly words, but my memory being what it is I can't remember what
they were. and, some consistent misspellings.

the author gave profuse thanks to all the people who helped, including beta
readers and his editor. I had been thinking that he hadn't had a good
editor, based on all those problems, but maybe the editor didn't actually
read it. or maybe he merely thinks that orientated is correct and overrode
them.