[LMB] Calling on the List Mind, was Autocorrupt

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:33:53 BST 2021

Help?

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 7:56 PM Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

> Young people often tend to prefer typing on their phones when there’s a
> full computer sitting next to them.   But I’ll wait until I get home to
> answer a text because I’m a competent typist.   *real* keyboards are so
> much easier for me.
> --

I just got hired to teach HS computers. One of the classes is typing mixed
with learning MS Word - but with an emphasis on touch typing.

HOW in the world do I motivate a bunch of 9th graders to learn to touch
type?
Some of them are fluent in phone typing, some have no access to tech at
home, not smart phones and not computers.  A mixed bunch, and the
phone-typers are likely less interested in learning to touch type because
they already know how to hunt and peck.

Sylvia