[LMB] Religion question

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jul 8 16:33:31 BST 2021

> On Jul 8, 2021, at 9:20 AM, tidsel via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> In politics it strikes me that many politicians do in fact have religious feelings about their ideologty, as no amount of historical or economic proof will make them change their belief, with ruinous results.

With religion and politics, their beliefs that can’t be changed are usually about their identity, not about the cores of their religion or political systems.

We see so many historical illustrations of this, where values have been defended so strongly which later on are condemned by new generations who claim the same religion and/or political system.