[LMB] LISTBIZ: Is CRT only USA?

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:32:46 BST 2021

"A. Marina Fournier" <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
> CRT still means cathode ray tube to me,

To me, also.  It's how I, as a chemist, remember whether it's the
cathode or anode that's negatively charged in an electrochemical cell.
And therefore is approached by positive ions, has metal deposited, etc.
The cathode is the one that spits out electrons.  After that, it's just
a matter of remembering that oxygen likes to grab electrons, so the
cathode is where reduction takes place, and the anode does oxidation.

Joel